Sunday, January 21, 2007

Grandeurs of a country club

Hi, so life took me to Ryde Aquatic centre yesterday.

I haven't been there before and it is a mega pumping place, absolutely jam packed with people - mainly kids. Not my idea of a great way to spend time, I seem to have developed a paranoia for public pools, seen too much snot floating along.

Looking for a coffee I stumbled onto the private club, with outdoor landscaped pool area, free internet, newspapers, relaxing lounge, kids creche etc. It reminded me of a country club in a colonial outpost. Extremely genteel. They just needed the golf range (maybe they had it) because all the other stuff was there. However I am just as sure that there kids have snot too, so still not too keen on the pools.


Joanne Kee
www.ceressolutions.com.au

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.