Monday, July 30, 2007

a change is as good as a holiday


This week's trend spotting, is probably an old concept revamped with blankets provided at a coffee shop. Makes sense in these times of global warming.
Made very aware of this by a visit to Brisbane where dam levels are at 17% and the influx of population is around 1500 per week. Couldn't believe the banks of the river were like Singapore with the mega high rises. So what is the point of living in Brisbane if it is like any other big city? I actually thought its charm was the relaxed pace.
I spent the week at the Australian International Music Market. Great fun, lots of performances, lots of networking, meeting new people, catching up with others.

How very nice to spend time on my own, what bliss to have a large bed to myself and no one to worry about except myself.

How equally nice to come back and spend the day hanging out with my daughter, but what devastation that I bought back a skirt that was too small! Won't be doing that again.

No comments: