Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cake Stalls and other fundraising trivia

Is there anyone else out there, who quakes at the mention of cakes stalls, trivia nights and other fundraising activities for my daughter's school?

It seems as though there is something every week, a walkathon, dolphins, red noses, Stewart House, book week and then there are the activities as well.

Plus to put the icing on the cake, you have to bring home made cakes, shop bought are not acceptable. How many of us really have the time to be baking cakes?

I think it is a wonderful thing that my daughter gets a well rounded education, but you know, I think I would prefer a "lazy" parents levy which would be the one where I just handed in some extra money to be let off the hook.

Joanne Kee
www.ceressolutions.com.au

No comments: