Sunday, May 06, 2007

Points of view

This week I have been working on my music project, trying to make a reality a dream I have to produce a concert series of music, underpinned by fantastic musicians. The concept is to connect artists with music lovers. There is so much great music happening in Sydney, and I am sure many people who would love to hear it. The trick is marrying the two.

It seems that mainly pop music has been able to do this and be commercially successful, or organisations with lots of clout and marketing budget. I proceed on the old one step at a time philosophy and with a shoe string budget. Hopefully I will end up being able to present music in a environment people want to experience.

I have my venue, my artists, business plan etc mapped out, now I just need to find the money to kick start the project.

It is interesting as I talk to various people what thoughts they have to who would pull an audience, what sort of artistic direction to take etc, plus how easy it is to lose focus and head down many different directions.

Joanne Kee
www.ceressolutions.com.au

No comments: