Saturday, April 28, 2007

Back to School Blues

Yet another holidays over and back to school. The house is chaos with the end of our renovation, which is proving to run to form with the costs growing and growing. So there is the cost of the actual building work, which was hardly anything, now we have the painting, the new floor, new furniture and of course we need something to cover the windows, plus it makes the rest of the house look tatty.

We spent Wednesday, Anzac Day in shopping hell for families and all, with a trip to IKEA. I knew it was a bad day to go, but had underestimated the lure of IKEA on a wet day, the number of families out for the day and the chaos of it all.

I think we actually escaped quite lightly in that we had no major rows and managed to see stuff we were interested in.

I am also amazed by the length of time it takes to cash a bank cheque. From Friday when I had settlement on my house to Friday to clear! What a racket. Yes, I know there are all sorts of excuses but it is ridiculous in this day and age and the fact that it didn't even reach my account till Tuesday is incredible.

No wonder life dribbles away.

Joanne Kee
www.ceressolutions.com.au

No comments: